Date limite: non communiquée - voir le descriptif
Description du poste:
Cardno is seeking a qualified Team Leader for a Global Fund-funded project in Guinea.
This role will act as the Team Leader to support the Global Fund and Gavi grants to the Ministry of Public Health in Guinea. The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the financial management of the grants working in close collaboration with the PR. The Team Leader will manage the execution of transactions and day-to-day financial management and accounting activities of the Project. The position will be responsible for preparing and monitoring budgets and forecasts; establishing, maintaining and updating internal controls, accounting and record-keeping system; managing and processing disbursements; and preparing management and financial reports and reconciliation to ensure proper, efficient, effective and transparent use of the grant funds. The Team Leader will also be responsible for capacity building and accounting software implementation at the central and regional levels.
- Work alongside the primary recipient (PR) to ensure that all requests to commit funds and/or to make payments as part of the project: (i) are complete and accurate in terms of supporting documentation; (ii) are justified based on the approved budget and work-plans; (iii) have been appropriately authorized; and (iv) the expense is eligible.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the PR to build their capacity and ensure that they have appropriate systems and procedures in place.
- Prepare and monitor budgets, forecasts, manuals, and reports.
- Monitor commitments and plans on a day-to-day basis.
- Establish and update internal controls, budgeting, commitment, and accounting systems, and maintain and monitor these systems on a daily basis.
- Prepare, implement and update financial management processes and manuals, chart of accounts and reporting templates.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual financial reports.
- Provide advice on the financial activities of the Project including reviewing contracts related to procurement of goods, works, and services.
- Review payment requests and fixed assets register, and prepare funds reconciliation.
- Oversee all cash management and disbursement activities.
- Ensure all financial activities are carried out in compliance with local tax laws, international accounting standards, and conditions included in the grant and implementation agreements.
- Protect the financial management activity from fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance or accounting; professional certifications such as CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent specialized training; and 12 years of experience in accounting, budgeting, financial management, and reporting.
- Preferred: 15 years of experience in accounting, budgeting, financial management, and reporting.
- Experience setting up a financial management operation.
- Knowledge and experience in project based accounting, financial management, and contract management.
- Experience in Fraud Risk Management
- Strong skills in payment operations, funds control, cash and commitment management, internal controls, and international accounting standards (IFRS).
- Previous working experience on projects financed by the Global Fund, Gavi, World Bank, MCC, USAID or other development agencies.
- Demonstrated financial management experience in projects in the health sector.
- Good understanding of local tax laws and compliance regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing a team, working in a team, and with high-level government officials and business executives.
- Experience working in similar countries.
- Experience working in Guinea and/or West Africa is an advantage.
- Computer skills: advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office - strong Excel skills.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in the use of automated commitment, budgeting, and accounting software applications
- Demonstrated experience in the design, maintenance and use of automated financial management and accounting systems.
- Language skills: fluent in French - reading, writing, and speaking.
- This position is based in Conakry, Guinea. Limited local travel within Guinea may be required.
This job is shared by LYS INDUS via TKonect.
>> <<Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.