Date limite: 23 Septembre 2019
Description du poste:
UNICEF works in some of the world's toughest places, to reach the world's most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
UNICEF Guinea has a good donor base and an average of 50-60 donor reports must be submitted yearly. In addition to regularly reporting to its donors, the office prepares proposals, annual reports, annual management plans, and advocacy papers. With decreasing financial resources and the need to sustain organizational priorities, responding timely to donor needs and largely documenting our achievements is an effective way of contributing to resource mobilization. This is why a professional Reports Specialist is required.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Chief PM&E, the Reports Specialist will be accountable for managing donor reporting processes and quality assurance of all project proposals in collaboration with programme sectors. S/he will contribute to the reporting function in the Country Office, including timely preparation and completion of the annual report and will manage the conceptualization and implementation of the country office knowledge management strategy and action plan with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support for children's and women's rights, and support for UNICEF's mission, priorities and programmes.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Planning and Programme management
- In collaboration with UNICEF programme officers, and other partners;
planning, developing, compiling, drafting and editing of weekly and
monthly reports and papers on the UNICEF country programme to be used
for donors, partners, and stakeholders (Including: donor progress and
final reports, annual reports, Country Programme Documentation,
workshops, human interest stories). This also includes:
- Reading and extracting key issues (program and operations) that need follow up from the daily and weekly reports from the field offices and districts and sharing with concerned programs and management for urgent action and follow up.
- Compiling data for reporting, and confirming the accuracy of data, using mostly the relevant database and other official surveys and censuses as a source for data reporting and analysis.
- Ensure the production and timely submission of programmatic and country office reports, for example Country Office Annual Report, Mid Term Review Summary, Country Programme Document, etc.
- Ensure overall quality of documents and compliance with criteria set out in Executive Directives, UN/UNICEF policy papers, Communication Programme manuals, UNICEF Country Programme plans and other official guidelines and directives.
- Produce briefing notes and other background documents as needed.
- Monitor donor reporting schedule and obligations and develop a coherent system for centralizing, recording and monitoring the Country Office's commitment for specific terms and conditions of funding as may be required by bilateral, multilateral and trust fund donors.
- Ensure quality assurance of all donor reports, check accuracy of data and compliance with UNICEF standards and guidelines.
- Manage clearance process to track the completion and transmission in a timely manner of donor reports.
- Develop practical ways to assist Programme Officers with a clear, high quality standard for writing results-based and English-language donor reports.
- Edit, and if necessary, rewrite drafts of English-language donor reports.
- Conceptualize and draft outlines for project proposals and concept notes.
- With substantive input from Project Officers and field staff, finalize and format English language project proposals.
- Liaise with PFO, GRO, RO and National Committees in identifying prospective donors and ensuring that project proposals are drafted in compliance with criteria set out by donors, are aligned with donor interests and UNICEFs programme priorities.
- Ensure the completion and correct transmission of project proposals to required addressees.
- Provides technical support to the development and update of the resource mobilization toolkits.
- Fund Mobilization and Contribution Management
- Providing a one-stop-shop to a number of current and potential donors on UNICEFs programmes including coordination with UNICEF programme staff, sharing of fact-sheets, newsletter and other programme related information, organization of visits to UNICEF programmes, and liaison with Government donors, NatComs, and other relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the production of newsletters, donor updates, case studies, appeals specific to donor portfolio as may be required.
- Ensure internal capacity-building of programme sectors on reporting processes and proposal development.
- Monitor and contribute to the updating and maintenance of information on all the donor and programme reporting requirements.
- Ensure sections are updated on best practical approaches of financial report using the VISION platform and the Result Assessment Module.
- Knowledge Management for Programmes
- Develop a mechanism for quality assurance of knowledge products.
- Design and regularly update quality assurance checklist for knowledge products by category and type of dissemination.
- Ensure timely dissemination and promotion of knowledge products through the Country Office intra and internet and other means. In collaboration with the External Communication section, develop a strategy and set up mechanism for sharing and promotion of knowledge products.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- An advanced university degree (Master's or higher) in
Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Sciences,
Development studies, Social/Behavioral sciences (Sociology,
Anthropology, Politics, International Development, Health Education) or
any other related field.
- A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional work experience in the area of reporting and knowledge management may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years professional work experience in one or more of the following areas is required: advocacy and communication, reporting, knowledge management, fund raising, programme management, or monitoring and evaluation.
- Advanced ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written form. Specific skills in report writing and editing.
- Fluency in French and English required, knowledge of local working language of the duty station/region is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication II, Working with People II and Drive for Results II.
The competencies required for this post are:
Leading & Supervising [I]
Formulating Strategies & Concepts [II]
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Planning & Organizing [III]
View our competency framework at :
Pour postuler, veuillez valider le lien suivant: https://secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com/apply/671/cw/applicationForm/initApplication.asp?lJobID=526204&sLanguage=en-us&sSourcePointer=cw&lJobSourceTypeID=796