Date limite: 02 octobre 2019
Description du poste:
I. Position Information
- Position title: Senior Logistics Assistant
- Position grade: G6
- Duty station: CONAKRY
Overall Reports to:
Ressources Management Officer (RMO)
Special Short Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Posting channel: Internal and External
III. Responsibilities and AccountabilitiesUnder the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer, the incumbent will perform routine administrative functions in logistics and common services for the IOM Guinea various projects. The incumbent will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the Procurement and Logistics Officer for logistical tasks, including property and assets control, supply, service/maintenance and contractual agreements.
- Supervise the drivers and scheduling office vehicle movement.
- Ensure all office vehicle maintain as per IOM standard.
- Maintain electronic databases of registration, inspections and maintenance of mission's fleet.
- Assist Procurement and Logistics Officer on ensuring fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current field movement requests.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information to forecast new logistical requirements.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, obtain tags for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule of the fleet. Ensure that periodic reports of fuel consumption, inventory, transportation and maintenance and repair. Are routinely transmitted
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers.
- Assist Procurement and Logistics Officer on developing and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices.
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve mission's objectives.
- Offer guidance and work closely to all drivers for the fleet preventive maintenance to find ways to reduce downtime due to routine or non- routine repairs.
- Liaise with different units and sub offices regarding assets maintenance requests and other logistics needs of the program.
- Perform Processes & Resources Integrated System Management (PRISM)/SAP transactions by undertaking - Performance of Goods Receipt to initiate payment;
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer for various logistical work within the designated area of responsibility: (local logistics staff including the logistics cluster's common transport service and IOM warehousing and transport operations); and fleet staff (including drivers of IOM vehicles and rented vehicles).
- Responsible for the Contracts for maintenance and repair of office facilities and Vehicles including preventing maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers.
- . Ensure the supervision of the staff in charge of the cleaning services for the office
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
VI. CompetenciesThe incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork : develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results : produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge : continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability : takes ownership for achieving the Organization's priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies - behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization's vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust : creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization's goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IV. Required Qualifications and Experience
- · A high school diploma, coupled with extensive on-the-job training, is the minimum education requirement for prospective procurement clerks.
- A certificate or associate degree in procurement, supply chain management or a related field from a technical school or community college is preferable
- Strong reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Good working knowledge of administrative procedures, as well as various computer applications and programs.
- Solid communication and administrative skills
(specify the required knowledge) Advantageous
Fluency in French is required. Working knowledge of English is an advantage.
Les dossiers de candidature devront comprendre :
- Lettre de motivation indiquant le titre et numéros du poste
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Les photocopies des Diplômes, certificats et attestations de travail
- Références des 03 derniers Superviseurs directes (Nom, email, nom du service et Contact téléphonique)
Toutes les candidatures seront envoyées en ligne au plus tard le Mercredi 02 Octobre 2019 à travers l'adresse suivante : HRrecruitmentunit@iom.int avec pour objet le titre du poste ( Senior Logistics Assistant ).
Toutes candidatures déposées sous pli fermé à la réception du bureau ne seront en aucun cas être considérées.
Les dossiers incomplets ne seront pas examinés et seuls les candidats sélectionnés seront contactés pour un entretien.